Making Crayons is a Sesame Street segment that teaches kids about how crayons are made. This segment mainly takes place in a Crayon factory. This segment begins with two girls using crayons, and then it fades to the crayon factory. After the crayons are put in boxes, the crayon factory fades back to the girl and her crayon.
- The music in the segment are "Water Course" and "Exchange" by Richard Harvey
- There is another version of this segment narrated by Noggin's Moose A. Moose, voiced by Paul Christie, which airs as an episode on Noggin's Field Trips. This version uses different music instead of "Water Course" and "Exchange".
- The factory scenes take place in the Crayola Experience in Easton, PA in the year 1980.
- This segment uses the 1978-1988 Crayola crayon wrappers.
- This segment uses the 1979-1982 Crayola crayons 8, 24, and 48 count boxes.
- There is a hidden gem about the segment in episode 4207. Elmo's crayon box reads "The Classic Crayon Factory", and has a still from this segment.